Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Old Laptop


Click on image to enlarge...
I just upgraded the components in my old laptop. It has no MXM slot, so there is nothing I can do about the poor graphics without the proper tools to replace the graphics processor. I replaced the heat pad on the graphics processor with a copper bridge to transfer heat through both heat sinks connected to the cooling fan. I used Masscool G751 thermal grease. I watched all videos on YouTube showing how to take the computer apart and put it back together. I thought the French technicians approach of simply putting each screw back were it came from, seemed less stressful to me. So, that is what I did.





Windows Experience Index on a scale from 1.0 to 7.9
Processor: 5.2
Memory (RAM) 5.9
Graphics: 4.7
Gaming graphics: 4.6
Primary hard drive: 7.4

No MXM slot
Processor: TMDTL68HAX5DM
RAM: CR8GBK5300SO / CT2KIT5126
Total available graphics memory: 2287 MB
Total amount of system memory: 8 GB
L2 cache: 1MB
Bios F.42
Motherboard: Quanta 30B9

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete