Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Visual Perception

I used to tell people about how many shades of green there are, but they did seem to believe. Now I just say the human eyes is most sensitive to that portion of the spectrum, hoping that will investigate, but no one does. Each time I leave Mililani and head for the ocean, the world seems to appear so glorious. When I first came to Hawaii in 1981, I thought the effect would wear off when I got used to it, but the effect just becomes more pronounced. I tell others, but no one mentions whether they see it too. The birds love my home, I know they must see the colors, but so many people tell me they are color blind. I feel sad that they do not share my universe. I see girls in bright orange tops, shirts or blouses shining like the sun. One adds a sweater or jacket as blue as the sky. She has a simple black skirt. I wonder if she sees herself as the rising sun. Wait, she has spray painted her world to highlight the colors of her outfit. Now I know she can see. So, my Lord and I are not alone in this universe. Saint Matthew obviously can see: λέγει αὐτοῖς ὁ Ἰησοῦς Οὐδέποτε ἀνέγνωτε ἐν ταῖς γραφαῖς Λίθον ὃν ἀπεδοκίμασαν οἱ οἰκοδομοῦντες οὗτος ἐγενήθη εἰς κεφαλὴν γωνίας• παρὰ κυρίου ἐγένετο αὕτη καὶ ἔστιν θαυμαστὴ ἐν ὀφθαλμοῖς ἡμῶν I leave it in Koine, since no one ever seems to really understand. Try Matthew 25:37-40 and see whether you can see Him in him too. How wonderful the eye!
Απεδοκιμασαν aorist active indicative - third person “they had condemned”
Are we the only ones who see it this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment