Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Be Still, My Soul


Sung by Katherine Jenkins
Public Domain. Words: Katharina A. von Schlege. Music Finlandia: Jean Sibelius.

1. Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev—ery change,
He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul:
thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorn—y ways
leads to a joyful end.
2. Be still, my soul:
thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence
let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul:
the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled
them while He dwelt below.
3. Be still, my soul:
when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better
know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe
thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.
4. Be still, my soul:
the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief,
and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul:
when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
5. Be still, my soul:
begin the song of praise
On earth, believing, to thy Lord on high;
Acknowledge Him
in all thy works and ways,
So shall He view thee
with a well-pleased eye.
Be still, my soul: the Sun of life divine
Through passing clouds
shall but more brightly shine


Gweddi dros Gymru
Dros Gymru'n gwlad, O Dad, dyrchafwn gri,
y winllan wen a roed i'n gofal ni;
d'amddiffyn cryf a'i cadwo'n ffyddlon byth,
a boed i'r gwir a'r glân gael ynddi nyth;
er mwyn dy Fab a'i prynodd iddo'i hun,
O crea hi yn Gymru ar dy lun.

O deued dydd pan fo awelon Duw
yn chwythu eto dros ein herwau gwyw,
a'r crindir cras dan ras cawodydd nef
yn erddi Crist, yn ffrwythlon iddo ef,
a'n heniaith fwyn â gorfoleddus hoen
yn seinio fry haeddiannau'r addfwyn Oen.

No comments:

Post a Comment